Every year the ICRG offers webinars on the latest research on gambling disorder and responsible gambling. Treatment providers can earn continuing education hours approved by various agencies. Best of all, the webinars are free—thanks to the generosity of the American Gaming Association and Global Gaming Expo!
POWER OF LANGUAGE IN ADDICTION TREATMENT AND RESPONSIBLE
2 - 3:30 p.m. Eastern, April 18, 2023
Does stigmatizing language cause drop-out from addiction treatment? Does it keep gamblers from taking advantage of responsible gambling (RG) tools? This session will provide treatment providers and responsible gambling professionals guidance on how to improve communication with clients and gamblers.
As a result of this program, learners will be able to:
- Identify preferred terms for processes of gambling treatment
- Discuss implications of these terms in clinical practice
- Understand the challenges gambling operators face in terms of attracting interest in responsible gambling tools
- Identify positive (versus negative) responsible gambling messages and
understand their influence on players
- Demonstrate how positive messaging can improve responsible gambling programming
Participants will receive up to 1.5 continuing education hours. The ICRG is an approved continuing education provider for NBCC and NAADAC. In addition, the ICRG is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The ICRG maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
The webinar is free but advance registration is required